Travel Vaccination Fees
Bushloe Surgery offers travel advice to all our registered patients travelling abroad. Please do not leave it until the last minute to contact us as we do not offer emergency appointments for travel reasons. Travel vaccination schedules can be complicated, therefore you should allow at least 6 weeks prior to travel to schedule any necessary vaccinations – we are unfortunately unable to offer this service if you are travelling within a 6 week time-frame.
Please note, if you do require urgent travel advice and vaccinations please contact the 247 Travel Clinic on 0116 2555 247 for advice. You can also speak with one of the local pharmacies within the region to help you with more urgent Travel Vaccinations.
Once you know your holiday dates, please follow these simple steps:
- Collect a travel questionnaire form from the surgery or download the Travel questionnaire 2018 here.
- Complete the form giving details of your holiday destination and any previous vaccination history.
- Return the form to the surgery no later than 6 weeks prior to date of travel in order to have your Travel immunisations to be checked by the Practice Nurse.
- Please allow 1 – 2 weeks, after which time a member of the Reception/Admin Team will contact you and advise which, if any vaccinations are required for your destination of travel.
The NHS provides some, but not all, vaccinations for people travelling abroad.
Those vaccines which are provided free of charge by the NHS for travel abroad are:
- Typhoid (to some countries)
- Hepatitis A
Other vaccines are not funded by the NHS for travel abroad; therefore we have to make the following charges:
|Hepatitis B – full course (adults)||£78|
|Hepatitis B – full course (children)||£78|
|Hepatitis B booster (adults)||£40|
|Hepatitis B booster (children)||£40|
|Rabies – full course||£180|
|Japanese B Encephalitis – full course||£180|
Bushloe Surgery is not authorised to provide Yellow Fever vaccinations – patients requiring this should book a private appointment at a specialised travel clinic.
Please note: We’re unable to offer this service if you’re travelling within a 6 WEEK TIME FRAME.